Engine oil or motor oil is the blood for your automobile engine. Change oil is one of the hassles of car ownership, but it is crucial to keep your car in good shape. A periodic oil change can improve your vehicle’s fuel economy ratings by as much as 2 percent. If you do not change your oil on time and with the proper material, it causes so many car problems. On the other hand, if you change your oil more frequently than necessary, it does not harm your car but wastes money, time, and resources.
This blog is a must if you want to know how often to change your car’s engine oil. We recommend not to miss this bog:
As you continue driving your car, your engine’s oil wears out, breaks down, and becomes contaminated. As this happens, engine oil becomes less effective at absorbing heat and lubricating your engine’s crucial parts. Running your car with dirty oil causes auto parts to begin to grind together. So, when you check the oil of your automobile, don’t just look at the levels; check the color and consistency as well. When you notice the color is getting darker, fresh it up.
Every car owner may hear “Get your oil changed after 3,000 miles,” recommended by most auto experts and mechanics. Today, things are different. Because both engine and oil technology improves, the newly recommended mileage is about 7,500 for 2008 or later cars and 5,000 for older models. Be careful and keep in mind that any vehicle has its own specific standard oil change routine based on the way you drive and what you drive.
Your driving habits may affect your oil change intervals. If you are a city-dweller who drives short distances, you should change your engine oil sooner than go the longer distance in high ways. The repeated starting and stopping can stain the engine without giving the oil a chance to warm up enough to work full capacity.
The climate type you live in can also impact how often you should change your vehicle oil. Colder temperatures also result in insufficient oil functionality for the same reason.
Different types of motor oil
This engine oil is the most commonly used type of engine oil. It is suitable for light-duty, late-model cars with low to average mileage and a simple engine design.
– High mileage is a special oil designed for cars with more than 75,000 miles.
– High mileage motor oil can reduce oil consumption, minimize leaks and oil seepage, and reduce smoke and emissions in older engines.
- This type of engine oil is suitable for vehicles that demand peak level performance and high levels of lubrication.
- Full synthetic oil provides higher viscosity levels, oxidation resistance, and thermal breakdown.
- Full synthetic oil helps fight against oil sludge.
- Full synthetic oil helps improve fuel efficiency.
- If you live in a super cold or super hot climate, synthetic oil is the best choice for you.
- Synthetic oil could also be suitable for older engines because it prevents harmful sludge build-up that some older engines seem to be prone to.
- Synthetic Blend Motor Oil has many characteristics of full synthetic oil but at a much lower price.
- Synthetic Blend engine oil is a mix of synthetic and conventional base oils. This engine oil has some additives for extra resistance to oxidation and excellent low-temperature properties.
- Synthetic blend Motor Oil makes it easy for drivers to change their engine oil from conventional to synthetic oil. That is the reason why is why this type of oil is becoming increasingly popular among today’s savviest drivers.
- Synthetic Blend Motor Oil is a great middle-ground for drivers who want the added protection and performance of synthetic oil but might not be ready to foot the bill for a total switch to full synthetic oil.
Ford Oil Change
- Ford is one of the best automotive brands in the world.
- If you are a Ford owner, one of the essential things you should be conscious of is your car’s engine oil.
- No matter how advanced your car’s engine is, it would still need regular engine oil changes.
- Like most modern automobiles, Ford cars (2011 model and after) are equipped with an intelligent oil-life monitor (OILM). It is installed in the instrument cluster message center of your vehicle. This system will alarm you that your car needs to have an engine oil change.
- If your own a 2008 model Ford or newer, we suggest changing your oil when the Oil Life Monitor Message on your vehicle instrument cluster alerts you.
- If your Ford is a 2007 model or older, change your oil every 5,000 miles or every six months, whichever comes first.
- Another way to track your car’s health is through the Ford Pass App. It sends out an oil life remaining vehicle health alert to connected vehicle owners when changing their oil.
Ford Engine Oil Brand:
Motor craft Synthetic oil is engineered to create more lubrication and better performance for your Ford.
Chevrolet Oil Change
- “Change engine oil soon “ display on your dashboard when it is time to change your engine oil and filter.
- You should change the engine oil and filter at least once a year.
Chevrolet Engine Oil Brand:
Choosing the proper grade of oil is so vital for Chevrolet. From conventional to full synthetic
– ACDelco Conventional Oil
– ACDelco Dexos1 Full Synthetic oil
– Mobil 1 Full Synthetic oil
Toyota Rav4 Oil Change
- The engine oil change is one of the most basic services for your automobile.
- Toyota recommends getting your 2020 Toyota RAV4 oil & filter changed every 3,000-5,000 miles for conventional oil.
- Synthetic oil usually should be changed every 7,500 – 10,000 miles.
- Keep in mind it’s best to check your owner’s manual.
Toyota Rav4 Engine Oil Brand:
– Special formulation of Genuine Toyota engine oil helps protect Toyota metal and gasket surfaces from corrosion.
– The Zero-weight synthetic lubrication standard is suitable for many new Toyota models.
Honda Oil Change
- The engine oil of Honda models from 2008 and before should be changed every 3,000 miles.
- The engine oil of Honda models from 2008 or a few after should be changed every 5,000-7,500 miles.
- The engine oil of Honda models made several years after 2008 should be changed every 7,500-10,000 miles.
- Dealing with much stop-and-go traffic can decrease the amount of time between essential engine oil changes.
- Cold weather reduces the lifespan of your oil, so be vigilant during the winter months.
- The service warning lights on the console will alarm you when it’s time for newer car models.
- The owner’s manual is a reliable resource for valuable oil change guidelines for your Honda.
- Check your pol when you bring your Honda in for service about every six months, to be sure!
- Modern Hondas are equipped with maintenance reminders, so you always know when to change your vehicle’s oil.
- Many modern synthetic oils are rated for 7,500 to 10,000 miles between oil changes.
Honda Engine Oil Brand:
Honda Company recommends Honda Genuine oil.
Toyota Camry Oil Change
- Toyota recommends that you change the oil in your Camry every six months or every 5,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- If you’re using synthetic oil, it needs to be changed every year or every 10,000 miles.
- The key is consistency to ensure your vehicle’s engine can work properly.
Toyota Camry Engine Oil Brand:
special formulation of Genuine Toyota engine oil helps protect Toyota metal and gasket surfaces from corrosion.
Chevrolet Equinox Oil Change
- Take care of your Chevrolet, and it’ll take care of you.
- With the proper maintenance at the right time, your Equinox could be on the road well past the 200,000-mile mark.
- A regular engine oil change is one of the best ways to help extend your Equinox’s life, guarantees your safety on the road, and help you avoid expensive repairs caused by Chevrolet Equinox problems later.
- Don’t forget that your oil change interval could be different based on your driving style and climate.
Chevrolet Equinox engine Oil Brand:
Choosing the proper grade of oil is an essential step in keeping your vehicle running smoothly. From conventional to full synthetic:
– ACDelco Conventional Oil
– ACDelco Dexos1 Full Synthetic oil
– Mobil 1 Full Synthetic oil
Toyota Tacoma Oil Change
If you use synthetic engine oil, you should change it every 10,000 miles. For conventional, you should change your engine oil every 5,000 miles. If you’re still not sure, consult your owner’s manual.
Toyota Tacoma Engine Oil Brand:
- When you want to choose an engine oil for your Toyota Tacoma, make sure to get a Toyota Genuine Motor Oil.
- We recommend using this type of Engine oil:
– An oil grade of ILSAC GF-5 multigrade engine oil
– A viscosity of SAE 0W-20
– When SAE 0W-20 is unavailable, SAE 5W-20 may be used
– Toyota Genuine Motor Oil or equivalent
BMW Oil Change
- If you drive a BMW, you’ve probably noticed a dashboard light shaped like an oil can make those brights when you need an oil change.
- For drivers of BMW vehicles, 10,000 miles or 12 months is the recommended point to change your engine oil.
- It’s vital to check the owner’s manual or maintenance guide for your specific make and model, which can usually be found online. Following your manufacturer-recommended routine service schedule is the best way to keep your engine and other vehicle systems running at their best.
BMW Engine Oil Brand:
- You can use any engine oil brand that meets the oil rating standard specified in your owner’s manual.
- If you do not have the owner’s manual for your BMW, you can download it at the BMW USA owners manual download site.
- We also suggest you visit BMW USA. It is full of critical service information, including service intervals and what type of engine oil is approved for your car.
Approved engine oil types for BMW has the following specifications:
– BMW Longlife-01
– BMW Longlife- FE
Subaru Oil Change
- Most Subarus on the road today should have an oil change performed every six months or 6,000 miles – whichever comes first.
- Here is how to decide which interval length (time passed or miles are driven) for oil changes is suitable for your Subaru:
– Time-based intervals: If you drive your Subaru rarely, we recommend changing your engine oil based on the time passed.- Mileage-based intervals: If you drive your Subaru regularly, we recommend changing your engine oil based on miles driven.
Subaru Engine Oil Brand:
We recommend using Genuine Subaru Oil because it’s the only oil specially designed for your unique Subaru boxer engine’s lubrication requirements.
Audi Oil Change
- Most vehicles, including Audi models, have a dashboard warning light to alert you when you need an oil change.
- Each engine and vehicle engineered by Audi may differ slightly – depending on your model, your Audi’s maintenance schedule may vary slightly.
- Oil changes in your Audi should be done every 5000 or 7500 miles, depending on the particular vehicle/engine, despite Audi’s claim of 10,000-mile intervals.
Audi Engine Oil Brand:
- Audi recommends Castrol EDGE professional engine oil.
- To ensure that you are using an approved oil, check the container label or see your authorized Audi Dealer.
Jeep Wrangler Oil Change
- The oil change indicator system is one of the most important options of Jeep Wrangler. This system lets you know whenever standard maintenance is due.
- Depending on how you drive your car, this should only be 7,500 miles or so.
Jeep Wrangler Engine Oil Brand:
Jeep only recommends Pennzoil engine oil in America.
Mercedes Benz Oil Change
- We recommend that you change the engine oil in your Mercedes Benz every 3,000 miles.
- However, with advancements made in our engines and more responsible driving habits, you can usually go a lot longer between oil changes.
- Experts suggest changing your conventional motor oil every 5,000 to 7,500 miles.
- For Mercedes-Benz drivers, though, that number changes to about 10,000 miles. Why is that? Mercedes-Benz vehicles all use synthetic motor oil, which lasts longer than the conventional stuff and is of higher quality. Because of that, you won’t need to schedule oil changes nearly as frequently.
Mercedes Benz Engine Oil Change:
When oil flows into the engine from the cylinder, dirt and other particles might seep into the engine too. Not changing the engine oil at the proper intervals will cause sludge to build up in the engine. Those who live in dustier and drier areas such as California will observe such problems more often.
Sarkis motor technicians are ready to change the engine oil and replacing filters on a scheduled routine. We serve the best car and truck oil change service at affordable cost and best quality in the Orange County Area. We are here to serve you with all your automotive needs. Do not hesitate to contact us for a meeting.
All available content on this blog is based on the official websites of automobiles. The owner of this blog does not take any responsibility for the authenticity or fullness of any information and will not be accountable for any losses, injuries, or damages from this information’s exposure or usage.
Haward, B. (2021, January 6). These were the best-selling cars, SUVs, and pick-ups of 2020. Forbes.
Ready for an oil change? Here is what you need to know. Ford.
Motor oil types. What kind of oil is right for you? Firestone.
How often should I change my oil? (2018, August 6). mbgilter.
Mercedes-Benz service Intervals/maintenance interval. Mercedesbenzraleigh.
Oil change near me. Raypricechrislerjeep.
Jeep Wrangler Maintenance Schedule. Raypricechrislerjeep.
Audi oil change: intervals, indicators, and other interesting information. (2015, January 23). Prestigeimports.
Oil Change intervals and oil consumption. Subaru.